Java Developer (Representation and IO Team)
ChemAxon is an open and friendly science-driven company working with world-leading life science researchers to progress the value and utility of chemistry information. We provide a unique and transparent environment, in which you can consider and implement the best possible solutions for demanding users.
What will be your key responsibilities:
- Our team creates and maintains cutting-edge tools for handling chemical structure representation and chemical file formats.
- We work in a small agile team without endless meetings.
- Developers are involved in the whole development process: design, implementation, refactoring and testing of components. These components are not solely application code, but also automated tests, CI-jobs, build scripts etc.
- We develop and continuously improve cheminformatics tools. We are looking for a long term team member.
- Our tools are integrated with other tools/applications by ChemAxon and also by third parties.
- We work with Java technologies, spiced (by default) with APIs.
- This position involves on-call duty.
What experience should you have:
- BSc or higher degree in programming or related field
- System thinking, understand complex OO systems and clean decomposed design
- Java SE programming skills
- Good command of English (written and verbal)
- An inner urge to automatize (everything)
- Willingness to work on legacy code
- Formal languages and Generative grammars
- TDD or BDD
- testing frameworks (like JUnit, Spock, Cucumber, etc.)
- build systems (Gradle)
- source control management (git)
- Crucible and Gerrit
- continuous integration (Jenkins)
- Basic knowledge with agile methodologies
What do you get in return:
- Competitive salary in a growing and continuously improving company
- Work in collaboration with open and creative professionals
- Pleasant and homely atmosphere: leisure and recreation area, playing corner for children, flexible working hours, training packages, English lessons, yearly user conference with social programs
- You can work from the ChemAxon office or you can choose fully remote work
- Creating cutting edge technology in cheminformatics
- Working with agile (Scrum/Kanban/LeanUX) methodologies
- Ability to work with global Top500 client companies