Application Scientist (San Diego or San Francisco, USA)
Chemaxon is an industry-leading cheminformatics software company whose solutions have been foundational to early-stage drug discovery and chemistry research for more than 20 years. Our client list includes top pharmaceutical companies, innovative biotech startups, and leading academic institutions. We are agile, innovative, and friendly, offering compelling opportunities for frequent collaboration among our talented employees and customers.
Our company presents unique opportunities for frequent collaboration and cross-training with teammates and stakeholders. You will be joining our Sales group that operates internationally, with regional teams based in Boston, San Diego, Budapest (Hungary), and Basel (Switzerland), along with distributors in the Asia Pacific. We are in an exciting time of business growth and now is the perfect time to join our team!
About this opportunity:
We are looking for an experienced Application Scientist to assist our North American customers, who are concentrated in the Boston, San Diego, and San Francisco Bay areas. This opportunity is ideal for individuals with informatics experience in the chemical and biological domains.
Application Scientists at Chemaxon bridge the gap between the end-user, our Sales organization, and our software development teams, analyzing customer needs to determine the optimum tools for achieving customer workflows as part of a consultative sales process. While our products are used by many industries, a key business focus is on Drug Discovery and Life Sciences; thus knowledge of these sectors will be beneficial.
What will be your key responsibilities:
- Providing technical and scientific demonstrations and support to clients and the sales staff.
- Representing the company at scientific conferences and trade shows.
- Conducting application studies using the company’s software products.
- Translating between the users, Sales team, and software development teams.
- Visiting clients with the Sales team.
- Developing and delivering training and workshops.
What experience should you have:
- At least 2 years of cheminformatics industry experience.
- An MS or Ph.D. in Chemistry, Cheminformatics, or related science field.
- Ability to conduct studies independently.
- Experience using cheminformatics software solutions.
- Experience with databases (RDBMS).
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
Skills that will help you hit the ground running:
- Biology, bioinformatics, or related experience.
- Experience using scripting languages or workflow tools.
- Knowledge of basic Machine Learning practices.
- Experience with data analytics tools.
- Familiarity with cloud technologies and solutions.
What do you get in return:
- A competitive salary with a generous benefits package.
- A flexible working schedule.
- Four weeks of paid vacation time per year.
- 10 paid company holidays plus two personal holidays per year.
- A training program with a yearly professional development allowance.
- Exposure and collaboration with sophisticated leading pharmaceutical drug discovery environments.
- The opportunity to be part of a creative and dynamic geographically dispersed team at our innovative company.