Azure Data Engineer
Our Business Intelligence team is working on comprehensive Microsoft BI/DW solutions - currently being migrated from on-premise into Azure Cloud - which makes us exceptional on the market with regards to company size, the number of source systems, volume of data and extent of projects.
BI team is working mostly on large end to end solutions that we define, implement, hand over to end users and maintain going forward - i.e. support ticket processing is not what we typically do!
Within our team you will cooperate with other data architects, data engineers, report builders and testers. Overall, our team in Brno has approx. 25 colleagues. Part of our BI Team is also located in the United Kingdom (business analysts and project manager), so occasional trips to UK are included.
What will be your key responsibilities:
- work on data integration, even in real time, from dozens of internal and external source systems
- perform data processing and transformation, orchestration of processes and delivery of data sets to BI and Analytics needs
- in building the new Data Platform, you will shape its future, i.e. we do not want you to only focus on unit development but also to help us to set the overall technical framework and processes
- together with us, you will work on interesting projects in the sphere of retail business
What can you learn in our team?
- understand the concepts of a modern omnichannel retail business from the bottom as you work through requirements and the data
- You can improve your cloud data engineering skills working on a complex projects within wider team. You will have a chance to expand into other areas of your interests through friendly colleagues as well as official training routes, e.g. Power BI.
What experience should you have:
- you have conceptual and working knowledge of Azure Data Framework – Data Lake, Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Synapse + some basic knowledge of associated syntax and formats such as Python, Scala or YAML (don’t worry if you are not an expert in everything!)
- you have analytical thinking
- you are interested in sharing as well as improving your present data engineering best practice
What do you get in return:
- You can fully enjoy 25 vacation days
- 110 CZK/day lunch vouchers via e-lunch card
- Bonus and loyalty scheme
- Home office, yet office is still partially open, sick days
- Extensive training offer; hard and soft skills trainings, language courses, internal conference and interesting guest speakers, currently in a virtual form.
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system (holidays, recreation, well-being, work life balance, personal and professional development, literature, e-meal vouchers, etc.)
- Contribution to pension or life insurance scheme
- Discount for mobile contracts
- Company library – you can borrow from wide variety of books on professional development, leadership, business, marketing, public speaking, etc.
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (Christmas party, boat party, Halloween party, football tournament, summer BBQetc.) are temporarily stopped, however we are already looking forward to invite all the new colleagues once we can organize them again