Currys PLC is Europe’s leading specialist electrical and telecommunications retailer and services company. For our Centre of Excellence in Brno - a specialist internal provider of financial, transactional, HR, logistic and IT services to the Currys Group’s UK & Ireland and Nordic retail businesses, we are currently looking for a new colleague for our Business Intelligence team.
What will be your key responsibilities:
We can describe the project as ongoing development and maintenance of our BI ecosystem – Power BI Premium data models and associated dashboards and reports.
Why you should choose our team?
- Our Business Intelligence and Data Platform team is working on comprehensive Microsoft BI/DW solutions, which makes us exceptional on the market, with regards to company size, the number of source systems, volume of data and extent of projects. BI & DP team is mainly working on e2e projects that we help to define, implement and hand over to end users - i.e. ticket processing is not what we do!
- Within our team you will cooperate with Data Architects, Data & QA Engineers and other BI Engineers. Overall, our team in Brno has approx. 25 colleagues.
- Your solutions can have a footprint with hundreds (headquarters) and thousands of end users (store colleagues)!
- Access to the most up-to-date BI stack and tooling – Power BI Premium, Azure for variety of data services, Azure Logic Apps, Tabular Editor 3…
- You will have a great opportunity to learn from other technical areas with the help of your friendly colleagues and available trainings and technologies.
- You will get to understand the retail business bottom up through the data and delivered solutions.
What experience should you have:
- Experience with Power BI data model creation and configuration including large models optimisation, granular data refresh and partitioning setup (data import, direct query)
- Experience with Power BI reports and Power BI paginated reports
- DAX & SQL knowledge is a must have
- MDX knowledge is nice to have
- Power BI Admin and API/automation experience is also nice to have
- You are eager to increase and share your knowledge and BI best practises
What do you get in return:
- You can fully enjoy 25 vacation days
- 110 CZK/day lunch vouchers via e-lunch card
- Bonus and loyalty scheme
- Home office, yet office is still partially open, sick days
- Extensive training offer; hard and soft skills trainings, language courses, internal conference and interesting guest speakers, currently in a virtual form.
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system (holidays, recreation, well-being, work life balance, personal and professional development, literature, e-meal vouchers, etc.)
- Contribution to pension or life insurance scheme
- Discount for mobile contracts
- Company library – you can borrow from wide variety of books on professional development, leadership, business, marketing, public speaking, etc.
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (Christmas party, boat party, Halloween party, football tournament, summer BBQ, etc.)