DevOps Engineer - Marcellos (Prague) ENG006
We are a team responsible for DevOps Engineer – Marcellos, the development of quality management and reporting tools in our product, and we are seeking a hands-on DevOps Engineer who will lead the way for our DevOps environment. The ideal engineer will bring their experiences, best practices, and a collaborative attitude to help drive DevOps initiatives. The responsibilities include building a process for automation as well as contributing to the development of internal tools to achieve operational efficiency. In addition to having the opportunity to get in touch with the cloud and on-premise solution ecosystem.
What will be your key responsibilities:
- Manage our continuous integration and delivery pipeline to maximize efficiency
- Work collaboratively with multiple agile teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery.
- Continue to keep the lights on (day-to-day administration)
- Create tools to empower developers to manage production infrastructure
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to improve automation of workflows, infrastructure, code testing, and deployment.
- Continuously evaluate existing systems with industry standards, and make recommendations for improvement.
- Remain up-to-date on industry trends, share knowledge among teams and abide by industry best practices for configuration management and automation.
What experience should you have:
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools such as the Atlassian bundle (Bitbucket, Bamboo, etc.)
- Familiarity with implementing CI/CD
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Full understanding of software development lifecycle best practices
- Practical experience with Docker containerization and clustering (Kubernetes/Helm Charts)
- Version control system experience (e.g Git)
- Basic understanding of Linux operating systems
- Experience in AWS cloud is a big plus
- Overview of Python and Bash scripting is a plus
- Experience with Agile Software Development methodologies
- Experience in automation of the tools and the DevOps phases
- Advanced English
- Strong Googling skillz
What do you get in return:
- A creative, friendly, and informal environment
- Education budget (conferences, certificates, ...)
- Flexible home-office as well as a flexible working hours policy
- Company hardware (laptop, mobile phone ...)
- International environment with HQ in Prague, offices across Europe and USA
- An open and transparent attitude
- Highly competitive salary
- Team events – company breakfasts, beer tastings, BBQs...
- Occasional after-work beer/coffee