Financial accountant – Insurance
We are team of experienced accountants and managers who are helping each other. We are always working as one team and that is including our colleagues in UK.
Over our team we share strong knowledge on accounting and audit, analytical tools, soft skills and communication and we are always opened to discuss and support.
The aim of our team is to grow together and look for talents, invest into them and have them improve our work as well as support them in doing changes.
Currently we are looking for an Accountant (Insurance). What will be your main duties?
To provide impactful accounting support for the Mobile Insurance Operations Team
To drive cost effective performance
To liaise with the wider Finance team to ensure alignment on accounting, forecasting, reporting and budgeting and coordinate a seamless end-to-end finance service
What will be your key responsibilities:
- This role is expected to operate autonomously on a day to day basis, seeking out guidance where ambiguity exists and coordinating Finance delivery across a number of teams
- The role will manage multiple senior stakeholders and be challenging where required
- It requires flexibility and broad vision to see the bigger picture as well as support detailed delivery
- Bordereau production for each market, ensuring cash collection and claims costs are accurately reflected.
- Management accounting ownership including month end P&L submission and balance sheet reconciliations
- Revenue assurance over DD collections
- Working closely with the finance team in Brno and take ownership for the review and sign off of bank reconciliations and management reporting
- Manage 3rd party settlements ensuring these are accurate and paid in a timely manner
- Ensuring accounting treatments are in line with relevant accounting and minimum control standards
- Identifying financial risks and opportunities and mitigate where required
- Budgeting and Forecasting – support these key processes with insights into key drivers and movements
- Working closely with Acton-based and other finance teams to ensure the operations are efficient and financial results well controlled
What experience should you have:
- Accounting Knowledge: Able to support, challenge and influence Services Financial Controller – helping navigate through business and Finance processes
- Effective Stakeholder Management: Able to manage and influence senior stakeholders
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills Able to communicate with senior stakeholders to articulate complex messages in a compelling manner via all means of communication
- Results Focused: Track record of delivering end to end solutions in a planned and controlled manner.
- Insurance Experience: Experience of insurance environments nice to have not a must
- Independent: Ability to work independently without close supervision
What do you get in return:
- You can fully enjoy 25 vacation days
- 110 CZK/day lunch vouchers via e-lunch card
- Bonus and loyalty scheme
- Home office, yet office is still partially open, sick days
- Extensive training offer; hard and soft skills trainings, language courses, internal conference and interesting guest speakers, currently in a virtual form. We provide ACCA studies to colleagues from financial departments.
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system (holidays, recreation, well-being, work life balance, personal and professional development, literature, e-meal vouchers, etc.)
- Contribution to pension or life insurance scheme
- Discount for mobile contracts
- Company library – you can borrow from wide variety of books on professional development, leadership, business, marketing, public speaking, etc.
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (Christmas party, boat party, Halloween party, football tournament, summer BBQetc.) are temporarily stopped, however we are already looking forward to invite all the new colleagues once we can organize them again