This role is pivotal in driving effective sales and margin reporting and daily sales phasing for Currys entities in UK&I. It includes both weekly reports (Friday, Sunday and Monday) and monthly reporting. Also it participation in preparation of management pack with period results and preparation of P/L reports for DSG and CPW during period closing (daily activity for wd1-wd4).
It should lead continuous improvements in reporting and decision making to support effective working business change. This role will operate cross functionally to deliver first class management reporting and forecasting
What will be your key responsibilities:
- Accountable for complete daily sales phasing for services part to enhance accuracy of sales forecasting.
- First point of contact for all daily sales phasing related queries.
- Support the DSG&CPW weekly sales and margin reporting process to enable effective decision-making for commercial team and central planning teams. It includes preparation of Friday, Sunday and Monday reports.
- Support with preparation of management pack (slides with related commentaries) on period performance of DSG&CPW.
- Support with preparation of MR100 report during period closings.
What can you learn in our team?
- You will learn more about retail business specifics and increase your business understanding
- You will be given space to prove your process improvements skills and look for efficiencies
- Besides this, you can participate on workshops and trainings ranging from Excel, Soft skills, Process mapping to ACCA exams
and many more, all delivered by fantastic internal and external trainers. You can even become one of them!
What experience should you have:
- Strong academics and enrolled on a professional accounting scheme (ACCA / CIMA)
- The role holder will need to be able to manage and influence multiple stakeholders
- The ability to explain complex issues in a clear and transparent manner
- Highly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint literate, knowledge of Hyperion preferable
- Commercial understanding of an electronics retailer
- Ability to manage successful delivery of goals and meet deadlines
- Can demonstrate evidence of building relationships with Business Partners
- Advanced level of English (strong verbal and written communication skills)
- Able to work under own initiative, to daily deadlines, prioritising when necessary
- Analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail and maintains a high level of accuracy
- Well organised and structured thinker
What do you get in return:
- You can fully enjoy 25 vacation days
- 110 CZK/day lunch vouchers via e-lunch card
- Bonus and loyalty scheme
- Home office, yet office is still partially open, sick days
- Extensive training offer; hard and soft skills trainings, language courses, internal conference and interesting guest speakers, currently in a virtual form. We provide ACCA studies to colleagues from financial departments.
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system (holidays, recreation, well-being, work life balance, personal and professional development, literature, e-meal vouchers, etc.)
- Contribution to pension or life insurance scheme
- Discount for mobile contracts
- Company library – you can borrow from wide variety of books on professional development, leadership, business, marketing, public speaking, etc.
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (Christmas party, boat party, Halloween party, football tournament, summer BBQetc.) are temporarily stopped, however we are already looking forward to invite all the new colleagues once we can organize them again