Senior DevOps Engineer
International development team working on a SOA e-commerce platform serving as a basis for one of the most popular online shops with electronics in the UK – Currys. The platform handles more than 7,000,000 unique visitors per day and processes 8 orders per second during the peak season.
We are agile with the aim of becoming a multichannel leader on the EU market. Our business vision is “We help everyone enjoy amazing technology”.
Central DevOps team promotes the DevOps culture as well as agile development principles and practices, maintains and expands Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment/Delivery pipeline in Currys.
What will be your key responsibilities:
- Automation and enhancement of all aspects of the current release process
- Enhancement and further integration of automated testing process into the release process
- Helping introduction of new technologies to the platform from application point of view (PHP upgrade, migration and virtualization of both production and non-production environments)
- We use Atlassian stack (Bamboo, Bitbucket, JIRA, Confluence), Hashicorp tools (Vault, Terraform, Consul), Artifactory as a local Docker hub and build artifacts storage, Grafana and Prometheus for monitoring
- We are focused on automation, provisioning and virtualisation
- Our Bamboo CI/CD pipelines are configured as a code using Bamboo Specs, Vault secrets storage provisioned using Terraform
- We dockerize applications and tools and deploy them to docker-swarm provisioned with SaltStack
- Part of DevOps team is building a cloud solution in Azure using Kubernetes following a long-term initiative to migrate most of our workloads to the cloud.
What experience should you have:
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Delivery patterns in multi-project environment (code + database + configuration)
- Practical experience with GitLab, Terraform, Docker, Consul, Valut
- DevOps mindset – cooperation, knowledge sharing, spreading DevOps culture throughout product teams
- Experience with any cloud solution – AWS, Azure, GCP
- Knowledge of any programming language (preferably PHP/Python), OOP principles
- Knowledge of Atlassian tools
- English spoken and written
What do you get in return:
- You can fully enjoy 25 vacation days
- 110 CZK/day lunch vouchers via e-lunch card
- Bonus and loyalty scheme
- Home office, yet office is still partially open, sick days
- Extensive training offer; hard and soft skills trainings, language courses, internal conference and interesting guest speakers, currently in a virtual form
- You can mix benefits of your choice in our Cafeteria benefit system (holidays, recreation, well-being, work life balance, personal and professional development, literature, e-meal vouchers, etc.)
- Contribution to pension or life insurance scheme
- Discount for mobile contracts
- Company library – you can borrow from wide variety of books on professional development, leadership, business, marketing, public speaking, etc.
- Plenty of social events and charity activities (Christmas party, boat party, Halloween party, football tournament, summer BBQetc.) are temporarily stopped, however we are already looking forward to invite all the new colleagues once we can organize them again