Senior Payments and Settlements Expert
This is an opportunity for You to join the Investment Transactions Management team whose purpose is to confirm and settle all trades performed by internal portfolio managers on a global market and payments related to trading activities.
What will be your key responsibilities:
- Fully control and supervise payment/settlement confirmations with external parties and support post-settlement reconciliation
- Monitor and avoid money laundering or fraud activities
- Request and confirm standard settlement instruction setup across relevant system landscape
- Analyse correspondence across all forms of communication
- Perform root cause analysis of any operational break/inefficiency; diagnosis the error and propose solution.
- Full comprehension of end to end workflow; including but not limited to trade confirmation, settlement, payment & life cycle maintenance.
- Contextual understanding of system landscape and corresponding ledger entries in any/all non-Investment - Book Of Records (IBOR) systems/applications.
- Provide technical support and analysis for all current IBOR systems and auxiliary applications
- Provide backup for other key business unit tasks.
- Implement change within the team while adhering to current control framework along with creating new controls when necessary to support our constantly evolving business
- Point of contact with Group Internal Audit, External Audit, Risk, Product Control, Compliance & Compliance - Assurance functions
- Impact change across the AM Landscape; promote, direct and foster innovation and change from both a macro & micro level.
- Communicate across multiple business divisions, regions, & management levels.
What experience should you have:
- Previous experience with investment transactions processing (e.g. trade settlement, payments execution) required
- Strong understanding of financial products & markets
- Knowledge of Aladdin, Apex, Swift, EFront, Bottomline, Bloomberg, Markit, CTM, FIX, Alert advantageous
- Proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to present to senior management and key partners
- Outstanding communication skills with individuals and groups in a range of settings, including presenting complex issues to groups and building support for the execution of new strategies, initiatives, and approaches
- Ability to learn on demand with an emphasis on being taken outside of current comfort zone.
- Ability to self-prioritize daily tasks and align them with the strategic agenda of the business and management deadlines
- Ability to work in a high stress environment while maintaining a calm demeanor and integrity
What do you get in return:
- Flexible working time and home office policy (currently due to COVID-19, 100 % Home office)
- Training & Development opportunities
- Extra 5 vacation days per year
- Sick days – up to 6 per year
- Public transport allowance (50%)
- Fully-covered lunch allowance irrespective of how many days they worked in a given month
- Referral bonus
- Program focused on subsidizing certain carbon-reducing investments (such as bicycles, home appliances, etc.) made by employees by reimbursing 50% of the product price
- Free fruits & beverages
- Volunteering activities