System Test Engineer
As System Test Engineer, you will be part of the System testing team in Energy & Utilities, Customer Information Solutions team. You will be responsible for both manual and automated testing and verifying whether the applications behave as expected according to defined business processes and requirements. E&U CIS software applications are used by Nordic customers in Sweden, Norway and Finland for operating retail and distribution services in Energy. Cooperate with professionals in DevOps and software developers on daily basis.
What will be your key responsibilities:
- Test and verify the integrations within and between components and modules until the entire system has been integrated.
- Test and verify the whole system whether behave as expected according to defined end to end business processes.
- Monitor and report the software quality in an accurate, clear, and relevant manner.
- Execute API level integration tests.
- Design and maintain manual testcases based on the provided specifications.
- Design and implement automated testcases.
- Write descriptive incident reports.
- Retest incidents when fix is deployed and conduct necessary regression tests.
- Review and update testing documentation.
What experience should you have:
- Hands-on experience with automation testing (NUnit, C#) on Windows environments.
- Experience with Selenium or similar tool for Web application/UI testing is an advantage
- Basic understanding SQL and relationship database systems (Oracle, MS-SQL, PostgreSQL).
- Understanding REST API
- Understanding Testing principles and techniques (certification ISTQB is an advantage)
- Understanding of Agile Software -Development practices and methodology (Scrum, SAFE)
- Experience with using Message broker software (e. g. RabbitMQ)
- Experience with Azure DevOps (Microsoft TFS) or similar AML tool
- Some user experience with -Monitoring/Logging tools (e. g. Graylog)
Key Behavioral Competencies
- Very good communications skills, team player.
- Resourcefulness to work in an ambiguous environment.
- Self-starter motivated and taking initiative.
- Extremely reliable, trustworthy, with highest ethical standards.
- Strong analytical skills.
What do you get in return:
- The contract is for an indefinite period of time. We count on you!
- Work partially or completely remote. Work from wherever it suits you.
- Extra holidays. We have 25 days off plus 2 sick days.
- We contribute from 10 400 CZK per year. You name it. Choose from contributions for pension and life insurance, sports, culture, health, travel or education in the cafeteria.
- Educate yourself. We regularly organise and pay for IT courses, certifications, language training and personal development courses.
- 77 CZK meal allowance on top of your salary.
- Reward for a new colleague. Refer another colleague to us and get up to 80,000 CZK.
- We'll support you when you're sick. For colleagues who are seriously ill for a long period of time, we contribute to sick pay in excess of the law.
- Extra work is appreciated. When overtime is needed, we pay more than the law requires.
- Stay fit and fresh. In Ostrava, use the free fitness facilities in the building, in other locations, do sports with Multisport.
- Nordic culture. At Tietoevry, we believe in you. No one is breathing down your neck and checking every minute of your work. We are friendly and open.