You will be part of the deal team for credit and surety underwriting and responsible for:
- The professional and profound credit risk /rating assessment and financial analysis of a diverse set of corporates.
- The approval/recommendation of credit limits in line with internal policies and standards
- The evaluation of financing structures, the delivery of objective risk related inputs on transactions and counterparties as well as the recommendation on risk mitigation and loss prevention.
- The monitoring of the credit exposure to assess the potential impact of market events on specific counterparties or portfolios.
- The identification of high-risk companies and potential recommendations on watchlist placements.
- The communication with internal stakeholders and underwriters.
- The improvement of credit file productivity and processing efficiency and respond in timely manner to credit/underwriting requests.
- Contribution towards shaping data and technology driven transformation and solve business problems using innovative technology to ensure profitable business and cultivate growth ambitions.
This is a unique opportunity to apply your risk knowledge and credit analytical skills with a real portfolio, relate economic developments to the market performance and investigate trends to ensure a sustainable profitability.
In this role, you will work with colleagues in diverse functions including underwriting, risk management, portfolio management and claims. In addition to the day-to-day tasks, you will contribute to activities linked to the elaboration and implementation of the strategy of the Credit & Surety unit.
If you think out of the box, you are creative and you enjoy being a business-oriented team colleague driving for realistic solutions, this is an opportunity for you.
The Credit Product Centre reports directly to the Global Head of Credit & Surety (C&S) Corporate Solutions who in turn reports to the Corporate Solutions Chief Underwriting Officer. The C&S unit of Corporate Solutions provides credit risk-based insurance solutions to banks and corporates in the areas of Trade, Commodity and Project Finance, Surety, Political Risk Insurance and Trade Credit Insurance. The team has full profit centre responsibilities and comprises specialized credit origination and underwriting professionals located in 14 offices within the 4 global Corporate Solutions regions.
The Credit Product Centre (CPC) is, in general, responsible for:
- Leading key C&S CorSo strategic initiatives in the area of risk assessment and insights.
- Providing high-quality, fundamental corporate obligor and transaction credit risk assessments in support of the C&S unit's diverse credit-related underwriting activities.
- Conducting forward-looking sector and credit market analyses and feasibility studies.
- Underwriting Policy and ensuring overall compliance with unit, divisional and Swiss Re Group standards.
- Ensuring accuracy and integrity of methods and tools used to support transaction pricing.
- Ensuring proper monitoring and oversight of the in-force Credit & Surety portfolio.