The DevOps engineer’s roles and responsibilities are a combination of technical and management roles. It is essential to have excellent communication and coordination skills to successfully integrate various functions in a coordinated manner and deliver the responsibilities to the customer’s satisfaction.
The DevOps engineer’s responsibilities are multi-prong - they need to be agile enough to wear a technical hat and manage operations simultaneously.
- Collaborating with coworkers to conceptualize, develop, and release software.
- Conducting quality assurance to ensure that the software meets prescribed guidelines.
- Rolling out fixes and upgrades to software, as needed.
- Securing software to prevent security breaches and other vulnerabilities.
- Collecting and reviewing customers' feedback to enhance user experience.
- Suggesting alterations to workflow in order to improve efficiency and success.
- Pitching ideas for projects based on gaps in the market and technological advancements.
- Ability to build and maintain highly effective relationships with team members and multiple stakeholders across multiple projects.
- Ability to self-manage assigned tasks and projects
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and verbal communication
- Ability to adapt to the changing needs of the department and the organization