Responsibilities include fleet management, staffing, training, health & safety, scheduling, on time delivery, continued improvements and loss prevention. The Warehouse Last Mile Manager is accountable for meeting the operational goals of the Fulfilment Centre. Knuspr is in a fast growth mode and this position will require a leader who can help us define the processes, procedures, and systems necessary to support and sustain our long-term growth.
- On-time delivery of outbound shipments by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational and personnel policies / procedures
- Select carriers and negotiate contracts and rates
- Manage the couriers team
- Fleet management
- Monitor and report on transportation costs
- Report maintenance and repair needs for transportation vehicles and equipment
- Research and suggest cost-effective shipping methods
- Research ideal shipping techniques, routing, and carriers
- Drive the process to ensure high level of customer satisfaction, accuracy
- Quality, safety and efficiency by employee involvement and team work.
- Responsible for recruiting, selecting and training employees
- Develop employee performance by appraising, coaching, and counselling
- Establishes safety practices and hold others accountable for adhering to them
- Keep organised records of vehicles
- Ensure compliance with company policies and shipping legislation