Note: The role can be based in Berlin or Munich
Retail Media is known as the 3rd big wave of Advertising and is growing fast all over the globe. Thanks to our strong grocery market position, our detailed knowledge of our customers, for whom Knuspr and Gurkerl are true love brands, and to our advanced advertising solutions, Knuspr.de and Gurkerl.at are very well positioned for success in this new advertising era.
The Media Sales Manager is responsible for successfully executing our Retail Media sales strategy across all direct and indirect channels and delivering the Retail Media revenues targets owned for the German-speaking markets.
Reporting to the Group Head of Retail Media Sales, the Media Sales Manager will need to develop a strong local network of potential advertisers and media agencies, while coordinating with the local leadership team. The Media Sales Manager owns managing and growing our sales leads funnel with direct, and indirect (agencies and media houses) advertisers. Additionally, the Media Sales Manager is expected to provide constant feedback from leads and customers in order to continuously advance both our go-to-market strategy and our product solution (including our self service Rohlik Ads and Rohlik Insights platforms).
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Build and execute the German and Austrian Retail Media sales funnel, benefit from inbound leads but also actively prospect your own leads within your assigned industries
- Establish profitable long-term partnerships with relevant media agencies and advertisers
- Design individual campaign packages suiting the needs of the client
- Employ a consultative selling approach via email, phone, and in-person presentations
- Understand, analyze, and explain performance data while also managing realistic performance expectations
- Utilize Sales CRM tools to track all pertinent account information and sales progress AND analyze sales/metrics data to help evolve our Media sales strategy across the Group
- Cooperate on pricing strategy and on monetization products and its development
- Collect feedback from advertisers and participate on product design
- Share and learn with/from peer Media Sales Managers in other markets where we operate
- Maintain a proactive awareness and understanding of the online marketing eco-system including the latest industry trends