As Technical Project Manager your primary responsibility will be to successfully lead an automotive new launch projects through to high volume, serial production. You will be the primary point of contact between the customer, the project engineering team and other stakeholders (e.g. Senior Management, Product Line, Quality, GSM, Finance, etc).
You will lead the project team to achieve the project goals and meet the customer's needs. Where necessary, you will escalate for more senior level support in a timely and appropriate manner. You will spend time with internal departments and lead the customer to understand their requirements and factor these into the overall project plan.
- Managing the entire project development life cycle of your project,
- Managing your project resources to achieve the project plan,
- Manage and lead the project team to realize the project Quality Delivery Cost (QDC) objectives (estimate, plan and track the project development activities),
- Take ownership of customer and project issues, and work closely with team for resolution,
- Managing and documenting project progress, including achievement of quality Milestones,
- Managing the project finances to maintain the profit and cost targets established during the approval stage,
- Manage, report on and resolve project risks and issues. Escalating any critical risks or issues when necessary,
- Managing and maintaining requirements capture/compliance at the Stakeholder level,
- Manage any requirements / design change control,
- Ensuring the project is delivered in a cost effective and timely manner and to the required quality level, by following company processes and policies,
- Ensuring compliance with relevant industry standards.