Systems Engineer – Kernel (Praha) ENG094
The team you would join is responsible for the development and operations (DevOps) of Cloud environments for our customers. The team also covers applications installation, and upgrades and takes care of their performance and support. Almost all the delivered changes have no GUI visibility, most of the daily routine involves working in a command-line inside Linux, Docker containers, and AWS Cloud.
What will be your key responsibilities:
- Solid understanding of Linux operating systems (we use CentOS)
- Experience with Git (we use BitBucket)
- Experience with containers (we use Kubernetes)
- Experience with cloud providers (we use AWS)
- Experience with automation tools (we use Ansible and Terraform)
- Experience with a scripting programming language (Python and Bash are a plus)
- Understanding of concepts around CI/CD
- Understanding of Microservice architecture
- Written and verbal communication skills in English, as well as good teamwork skills
- A passion for new technologies and learning
What experience should you have:
- have an opportunity to work with the latest technologies for AWS Cloud and on-premise solutions.
- be responsible for monitoring, building infrastructure, improvements, and executing of a stability process.
- develop and implement instrumentation for monitoring the health and availability of services, including fault detection, alerting, triage, and recovery (automated and manual).
- maintain and improve the CI/CD pipelines.
- experience Agile Software Development methodologies.
What do you get in return:
- Creative agile environment with a strong sense of ownership targeting full automation
- Flexible home-office policy
- Architecting a solution in a fast-growth industry (high scalability, fault resiliency…)
- Global multinational environment HQ in Prague and offices across Europe and the USA
- Open and transparent environment
- Highly competitive salary
- Team events